CGBC Your Interactive Online Broadcast
Online Chinese Users
The dynamics and influence of Internet fever in recent years is indubitable.
A conservative estimation has shown that over 384 millions online users are Chinese in China, which is 21% of the world online population (http://www.cnnic.net.cn 2009-12-31).
Chinese immigrants, oversea students, scholars and churches have been using the Internet media as the dominant way of communication among themselves. Pastors and fellows inside China have started to rely more on the Internet to facilitate the exchange of information.
CGBC online services (http://www.cgbconline.org ): began February 1st, 2002.
Our services include:
- Devotional e-mail service: SOS (Shower Of Scriptures)
- Online broadcast: more than 20 new programs about Christian Living, Evangelism, Christian Spiritual Growth and Bible Studies are uploaded every month.
- Tapes and CDs distribution: more than 1,000 CDs and tapes are distributed through different channels.
Partnership: Partnership is one of the components of success in the twenty-first century. Partnership between different organizations and churches has been strengthened by the means of Internet communication. Our production and services are greatly supported by various churches, associations and individuals.
Chinese churches in Canada realize the surge of Chinese immigrants from Mainland China in recent years. They are preparing themselves for these new arrivals. CGBC has more than 300 Mandarin and 500 Cantonese programs to support the churches. In addition to the two major dialects, our other available dialects are: Tai Shan, Hakka, Chaozhou, Shanghai, Fu Zhou, Hai Nan and Min Nan etc.
CGBC does not only concerned about our local needs of resources and services, we are also concerned about people in China and other countries, one of our goals is to share our spiritual support globally online.
In order to achieve these goals, we would like to invite you to be a part of our ongoing efforts:
- Prayer: We need your wisdom and spiritual support in your prayers for all our needs including manpower, materials and equipment.
- Volunteers: We need different volunteers to complete different tasks, such as mailing, bookkeeping, filing, programming, audio productions and people to promote our services by word of mouth.
- Equipment: Usable computer hardware is welcomed.
- Partnership: We look forward to have alliance with any organizations or churches.
- Anyone who is interested in supporting us in any way please contact CGBC.